GDC Annual Renewal
By DTA | 30th May 2022 | News
A reminder that the GDC Annual Renewal takes place in the weeks leading up to 31 July. The easiest way to complete your Annual Renewal is online using eGDC.
Check your CPD personal development plan to ensure you're on course to meet the minimum hourly requirements before the CPD year ends on 31 July. You cannot count CPD for this year if you do it after 31 July.
The three actions to complete the Annual Renewal process are:
Make an Indemnity Declaration
Registrants must declare that they have or will have indemnity appropriate to their scope of practise every year. If you are not currently practising but wish to maintain your registration you still need to make the declaration. GDC Guidance on indemnity
Pay the Annual Retention Fee (ARF)
The Annual Retention Fee (ARF) is the fee all DCPs must pay each year to remain on the dentists register or dental care professionals register. You can pay your ARF by:
- Card online at eGDC
- Annual Direct Debit
- Pay by instalments Direct Debit (you will need to have registered for this no later than 31 May 2022)
Make a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) statement
The GDC require all registrants to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to maintain their registration. You should make a statement declaring the hours you have undertaken each year.
Please note, you must declare a minimum of 10 hours CPD for every two consecutive CPD years. If you do not do any CPD in a year of your cycle, you must still make a declaration. You will also need to confirm that:
- you have read and understand the CPD requirements;
- the hours recorded in the statement have been undertaken during this CPD year;
- you have kept a CPD record (including a personal development plan);
- the CPD undertaken (where applicable) was relevant to your field of practice;
- the information contained in the statement is full and accurate
You must be registered with the GDC to use the title Dental Technologist/Dental Technician and to sign off appliances as fit for the market under MHRA.