Skip to content

« Back to News

GDC Annual Renewal

By DTA | 25th May 2021 | News

A reminder that the GDC Annual Renewal takes place in the weeks leading up to 31 July. The easiest way to complete your Annual Renewal is online using eGDC  .

The three actions to complete the Annual Renewal process are:

Make an Indemnity Declaration

Registrants must declare that they have or will have indemnity appropriate to their scope of practise every year. If you are not currently practising but wish to maintain your registration you still need to make the declaration. 

Pay the Annual Retention Fee (ARF)

The Annual Retention Fee (ARF) is the fee all DCPs must pay each year to remain on the dentists register or dental care professionals register. You can pay your ARF by:

  • Card online at eGDC
  • Annual Direct Debit
  • Pay by instalments Direct Debit - you will need to sign up via eGDC no later than midnight on 31 May 2021 for this option.

Make a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) statement

The GDC require all registrants to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to maintain their registration. You should make a statement declaring the hours you have undertaken each year. 

Please note, you must declare a minimum of 10 hours CPD for every two consecutive CPD years. If you do not do any CPD in a year of your cycle, you must still make a declaration. You will also need to confirm that:

  • you have read and understand the CPD requirements;
  • the hours recorded in the statement have been undertaken during this CPD year;
  • you have kept a CPD record (including a personal development plan);
  • the CPD undertaken (where applicable) was  relevant to your field of practice;
  • the information contained in the statement is full and accurate

You must be registered with the GDC to use the title Dental Technologist/Dental Technician and to sign off appliances as fit for the market under MHRA.

Recent Articles