Job Vacancy: Dental Prosthetic Technician
By DTA | 4th November 2022 | Jobs
An Acute Recruit advertisement
A great opportunity to work in a lab located in Blackpool, that rewards hard work and has an excellent working atmosphere.
Acute Recruit's client is a leading-edge tech laboratory where you will be using the latest equipment. The company prides themselves on the quality of dental work as well as turnover time. With this company, you would be a part of a great team and there is also an excellent work-life balance. You will work full-time.
Salary 40K all dependent on experience and years working as a dental lab technician. Free parking.
What the role involves
- Read specifications, and prescriptions and examine impressions or models to determine the design of dental products to be developed
- Fabricate, repair, or alter dental devices like crowns, inlays, dentures, bridges, or appliances for straightening teeth
- Remove porcelain or excess metal and polish surfaces of prostheses, with the aid of polishing machines
- Test appliances to be sure they conform to accuracy and specifications of occlusion, using micrometers and articulators
- Apply wax or porcelain paste over prosthesis frameworks, using spatulas and brushes
- Place tooth models on equipment that mimics bite as well as the movement of the patient's jaw to determine the functionality of the model
- Create a model of the patient's mouth
- Replace or rebuild wire sections, linings, or missing teeth to repair dentures.
What we need from you
- Always willing to learn, with high attention to detail
- Fluent English
- At least 2-years experience in a similar role
- Proficient IT skills, particularly with Microsoft programs
- Commitment to providing original, world-class product
There are career development opportunities across Acute Recruit's client's growing teams.
To apply for this job please send your CV to: Amanda@acuterecruit.com.