Professional Indemnity Insurance
By DTA | 9th February 2023 | News
One of the many benefits of being a DTA member is our link with UK Special Risks to provide cost effective professional indemnity insurance at a special discount, to meet the statutory requirement for our Dental Technician members.
UK Special Risks have been a specialist dental broker for over 20 years. Their indemnity policies run from 1st May - 30th April each year and a short application form is required to be completed and returned to them for cover to be put in place. This covers individuals for professional indemnity, which is a GDC requirement for dental technicians to have.
UK Special Risks are able to offer two limits of indemnity:
- £4,000,000 any one claim - annual cost from £74.40 per technician
- or, £6,000,000 any one claim - annual cost from £86.84 per technician
UK Special Risks recommended cover automatically includes:
- Medical/Professional Malpractice
- Legal Expenses including Defense Costs and Tax Investigation
- Public and Products Liability
They can also provide three different levels of cover as follows:
Option 1: Primary cover (Standard Technicians cover)
This covers you as a manufacturing dental technician, which includes activities such as shading consultations.
Option 2: Primary Cover plus Lecturing and Mentoring Cover
This cover is required when taking part in university lectures or when training a fellow technician that is working towards their qualification.
Option 3: Primary Cover plus Extended Scope of Practice Cover
Cover for assisting a Dentist or Clinical Dental Technician working in a clinic for the following activities:
- Taking impressions
- Recording facebows
- Intra-oral/extra-oral tracing
- Frame assessments
- Recording occlusal registrations
- Intra-oral scanning for CAD/CAM
- Fitting attachments at chair side
- Tracing cephalographs
- Intra-oral photographs
For more information and to download an application form, go to the DTA Insurance page.