Starting a New CPD Cycle Year for 2023/2024
By DTA | 1st August 2023 | News
Your 2022-2023 CPD cycle has now come to an end. The GDC requests that you submit a statement by 28 August 2023, if you have not already done so. You will not need to submit your records, you do however, need to keep them safe just in case the GDC ask you for evidence of your CPD activities. If you have any concerns or problems, you should contact the GDC by calling the helpline 02071676000, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important CPD dates:
- CPD year runs from 1st August to 31st July
- You then have four weeks to make a CPD statement by 28th August
- Any CPD done on or after 1st August counts towards the following year
You cannot count CPD for this year if you do it after 31 July.
Here are some simple steps to help you when starting your new year of CPD:
- Make sure you download your files from your 2022/2023 logbook.
- Save your CPD certificates to your computer.
- Add to and update your personal development plan for the year ahead.
- You can now start taking CPD for your new 2023/2024 cycle year.
Remember, the GDC states that you must complete at least 10 hours CPD over a two-year period.
Some of you have now reached the end of your five-year cycle and this means you should have completed 50 hours of CPD (or 75 for CDTs). You might therefore want to think about setting new goals for the new five-year cycle ahead.