Your 2022-2023 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) cycle year is ending
By DTA | 30th June 2023 | News
Your 2022-2023 CPD cycle year ends on 31 July, and you are required to submit a statement to the GDC by 28 August 2023. The statement should detail the number of CPD hours you have completed during this year.
Next Steps - action you need to take:
To submit your annual CPD statement:
1. Add up the number of verifiable CPD hours you have completed between 1 August 2022 and 31 July 2023.
2. Log into www.egdc-uk.org where you will be able to edit and submit your annual statement until 28 August 2023. If you have not already registered with the site, you can do so using your ID Verification Code. Logging directly onto eGDC will mean that your CPD hours are immediately recorded on our database.
When you make your CPD statement you will be asked to confirm the following information, you must complete this step to make a compliant CPD statement:
- the number of CPD hours completed during the year (you can record 0 hours completed but must meet minimum requirements)
- you have read and understood the CPD requirements
- the hours recorded have been undertaken during this CPD year
- you have kept a CPD record - remember to keep your certificates to verify your CPD
- CPD undertaken was relevant to your field(s) of practice
- information contained in your statement is full and accurate.
Please be advised your CPD statement must be received by 28 August 2023, or it will not be counted. If you do not submit a compliant statement before the deadline your registration may be put at risk.
Enhanced CPD Scheme 2018 introduced the need to complete a minimum of 10 hours of CPD during each period of two consecutive years, including any two-year period spanning over more than one CPD cycle. You must still make a declaration for 2022-23 where you have not done any CPD during this cycle year. You can do this by selecting the verifiable CPD field and adding '0' hours.
Some of you will have now reached the end of your five-year cycle and this means you should have completed 50 hours of CPD (or 75 for CDTs). You might therefore want to think about setting new goals for the new five-year cycle ahead.
At the end of your CPD cycle, your statement needs to include:
- the total number of CPD hours completed during your five-year cycle
- confirmation that the CPD you completed was relevant to your field(s) of practice during your five-year cycle
For all other questions please visit the GDC website www.gdc-uk.org or contact their Customer Service Team, who are available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday on 020 7167 6000 (+44(0)20 7167 6000 from overseas).